What is Total Visits?
The Total Visits metric projects real attributed campaign visits using a proprietary model built from real-world data and anchored in our observed visits. It gives our clients a more accurate view of their campaign performance.
How is Total Visits calculated?
For each campaign, we create a panel that is made up of devices that have frequent location signals. We apply the panel’s visitation behavior to the total impressed devices (devices that were served an ad) to calculate the Total Visits driven by GroundTruth.
How are users in the panel selected?
To be included in the panel, a user must:
- Be part of the users that have frequent location signals (i.e Users we see most often throughout the day).
- Accurately reflect the characteristics of those of the larger population.
While panel data is the industry norm, what the panel is based on is critical. GroundTruth’s model is based on Observed Visits, the most accurate visitation data available. It includes first-party data from WeatherBug - our Owned and Operated App. Additionally, our foundational technology is accredited by the Media Rating Council.
- Observed Visits has been a key indicator of performance for GroundTruth campaigns and is a critical component of our Total Visits model and will continue to power our proprietary audiences.
- We will continue to report Observed Visits independently as well as optimize towards Observed Visits.
How do Total Visits differ from Observed Visits?
The Observed Visits metric provides the actual measurable visit count to points of interest measured via our Blueprint technology.
The Total visits metric projects attributed campaign visits based on Observed visits. It provides a more accurate view of a campaign's performance.
Total Visits in Ads Manager
To qualify for Total Visits, a campaign usually requires a minimum of 40 Observed Visits and 350k impressions. Additional requirements may be required on a campaign-by-campaign basis.
Once your campaign meets the minimum threshold, the Total Visits metric will appear in the reporting dashboard alongside the Observed Visits metric.
Our Total Visits metric is:
- Available at the campaign level only.
- Updated daily.
- Cumulative and represents the entire duration of the campaign.
- Cannot be broken down by months or weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do Observed Visits not provide the most accurate view of a campaign performance? Observed Visits do not reflect the true visitation of a campaign. The reason is that we cannot observe everyone all the time. Sometimes a user will be served an ad and visit the drive-to location but we will not be able to capture that visit. Total Visits is a measurement of the expected campaign performance. It’s a more comparable number to the other measurement partners out in the space. Total Visits in many ways is a better representation of campaign performance and the visits GroundTruth actually likely drove.
- Does the panel evolve as the campaign progresses? Our panels are not static, they are refreshed every day in an attempt to pick the best set of users who represent real-world behavior.
- In the reporting, can you break out the Total Visits metrics month over month? The Total Visits metric is cumulative, so it represents the entire duration of the campaign. It will consider visits that happened before the threshold was met and the metric appeared in Ads Manager. Since the Total Visits metric is cumulative, you cannot break it down by month or week.