Within Ads Manager, you have the ability to track and report on the actions of users who visit your page(s) after viewing your ad or clicking on your ad. This allows you to track pixel activity across the entire conversion path and optimize.
In Ads Manager
- Select ‘Web Conversions’ in the Report drop-down menu. Note that this report is only available at the campaign and ad group levels.
- You have the option to view conversions for all of your tracking pixels or for individual pixels by using the Pixel drop-down on the left-hand side.
- The graph will have one line showing web conversions per day. You can change the start and end date of the report in the ‘Duration’ drop-down button.
- You can export all pixel data using the export function within the dashboard, choosing ‘Report Data’. The report will include the following: ID: Pixel ID | Name: Pixel Name | Campaign Name: Shown at campaign level | Ad Group: Shown at Ad Group Level | Date: Only shows when row is expanded | Web Conversions: Total of both view and click conversions | View Conversions | Click Conversions
Difference between click-through conversion and view-through conversions
- Click-Through Conversion:
- Click-through conversion, often referred to as post-click conversion occurs when a user clicks on an ad and then takes a desired action on the advertiser's website or landing page. This action is typically a conversion goal, such as making a purchase, signing up for a newsletter, or filling out a contact form. Click-through conversions are directly attributed to the ad click, meaning that the user's action is directly tied to the initial click on the ad. Conversions are tracked with a 14-day look-back window.
- View-Through Conversion:
- View-through conversion, also known as a post-impression conversion, occurs when a user is exposed to an ad (typically in the form of an impression or display ad) but does not click on it. Instead, the user later converts by taking the desired action on the advertiser's website. View-through conversions are attributed to the ad impression rather than the click. The time frame within which a view-through conversion is tracked on our ad platform is 14 days after the ad impression.