Location Manager is a dedicated tool which allows you to create and maintain a list of business locations called Location Groups.
A Location Group is a collection of POI’s (Points-Of-Interest’s), the same as a pre-defined list of brands & categories available in Ads Manager, however, a Location Group can be constructed by a user through Ads Manager. In essence, a Location Group is a custom group of POI locations created by the user that can be easily updated and saved for reuse.
Once a Location Group is created, it can be used for various purposes including:
- Radial targeting
- Blueprint (or On-Premise) targeting
- Visit measurement
- Location Audience
- Neighborhood Audience
Accessing Location Manager:
Location Manager can be accessed either directly in the Ads Manager Targeting set-up page, or by signing into https://locations.groundtruth.com.
Creating a Location Group & Adding Locations to a Location Group:
- The first step is to create a location group by clicking the "new location group" button
- Once you’ve entered your Location Group Name & Location Group Description, Click Continue.
- When in a specific location group, click the "add locations" button. You will then be able to choose from 3 options for adding locations:
- "Select from our system" - select POIs belonging to brands or categories, from our POI database, and filter based on city, state or DMA
- "Upload a location file" - upload a file with a list of addresses (a template is available within the upload dialog) - make sure to include a business name for each address
- "Add locations manually" - manually enter addresses - make sure to include a business name for each address
- When choosing to add addresses from a file, or by adding them manually, the system will attempt to match the addresses with POIs in our POI database.
- The addresses will then be classified to 3 topics (accessible through tabs, within the location group page):
- "Accepted Locations" - address that were matched with existing POIs already created in the GroundTruth database
- "Invalid Addresses" - addresses that were not matched with any POI, and could not be geocoded to be added as new locations (suggests there is a problem with the address)
- Users can return to this tab at any point, and try to edit the address and business name of each Invalid location
- Once changes have been made and saved, the location will be matched again with our POI Database and, and if no match was found, will be resent to geocoding
- "Locations Conflict" - addresses that were matched with multiple POIs (from which the user should choose) or addresses that were not matched with any POI and can be added as new locations
- Users can return to this tab at any point and choose which of the matched POIs they would like to add as "Accepted Locations". When possible, the user will be able to create new POIs from their input addresses
"Status" (POI status) - each POI / location / address will have a status
"Accepted Locations" Tab
- Blueprinted - the location is active and blueprinted.
- Radial Xm - the location is active but the boundaries cant be determined accurately. The location will be used with a radius of X meters. The exact for not blueprinting can be viewed in the next column titled ‘Reason’.
- Radial Xm (Pending Blueprinting) - the location is active but has not been reviewed by the blueprinting team yet. Meanwhile the location will be used with a radius of X meters
- Rejected - the location is not active and wont be used for Targeting or Tracking visits. The reason for Rejection can be viewed in the next column titled ‘Reason’
- Sensitive - the location in not active, as it was classified as sensitive, and will not be used as part of the location group
"Invalid Locations" Tab
- "Invalid" - the address is not valid, as our system could not geocode it (generate a lat/long) - these addresses will not be used as part of the location group
"Locations Conflict" Tab
- "User input" - the original address and business name added by the user
- "Best match" - the POI with the best match to the user's input
- "Possible match" - POIs with possible match to the user's input (up to 3 possible matches)
- "Add as new" - the address and business name that will be saved as a new POI
The location manager homepage:
- The Location Groups page, which is the main (default) page in location manager, lists all location groups under the account (new location groups are added on top)
- This page was updated with the following changes:
- Specifying the number of locations for each location group, as well as their breakdown to "Accepted Locations", "Invalid Addresses" and "Locations Conflict" (clickable)
- Location Audience and Neighborhood Audience status, and building buttons have been moved from the location group inner page to this page (no change in functionality)
- A status column was added, for displaying a "processing" status whenever locations that were added to the location group are processing