We’ve built the only proprietary mapping technology designed with the specific intention of location-based advertising & marketing, called Blueprints. Blueprints are the foundation of all products and tactics developed here at GroundTruth.
What are Blueprints?
Blueprints are polygons created by tracing the store or place boundary based on satellite images to capture the precise boundaries of a location. Blueprints contain 3 distinct layers:
- The first layer of a Blueprint contains a geo-fence titled in-store which maps to the walls of the business (colored in green).
- The second layer is a geo-fence titled on-lot, which extends the in-store boundaries to also include the parking lot surrounding the business (colored in orange).
- The third layer is a Blueprinted geo-fence used to include the retail block (colored in red).
Click images to
view in fullscreen
These polygon layers are proprietary to GroundTruth and are not available through any other competitor.
GroundTruth Blueprints™ ensures we only count a visit when one truly occurs, as opposed to traditional radial geofences which measure with up to 75% visitation inaccuracy. It allows us to build better-performing audiences and more deliver insights and campaign results with more accurate store visitation data.
Additionally, it allows marketers to target consumers when they are within the nearby retail block of a targeted business, in the surrounding parking lot, or even when they’re in-store. With this level of accuracy, marketers can capitalize on the many micro-moments that a consumer engages with their mobile device while generating a more personalized marketing message.
How are Blueprints used?
- Targeting: Blueprints give us the ability to reach consumers while they are actually on the premise of a given location whether that be a store or a stadium. This targeting granularity is extremely valuable for advertisers who want to reach consumers in a very precise location.
Audience Building: Blueprints or blueprinted locations allow us to build our location-based and behavioral audiences.
- Attribution Visits are recorded when a user is exposed to your mobile ad and later shows up within your Blueprinted store location. This “raw” visitation metric is the actual observed measurement. Since the user has to both see your ad and be on a mobile device when they visit your “drive-to location”, visits reported by GroundTruth are often lower than the actual visitors from ad spend.
Can users create their own Blueprints?
We maintain a database of 6M Blueprints and are continuously adding thousands of new Blueprints each month. In order to sustain the high quality of our Blueprints, we currently do not allow users to create their own Blueprints. However, you can put in a request to have new locations Blueprinted if they’re not already in our system. Just reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.