Reporting by product provides users with the ability to view granular targeting and POI (place of interest) performance at the campaign, adgroup, and creative level.
This report is available in the Summary tab.
When to use Reporting by Product:
Understand Campaign Trafficking
- Include multiple audience segments or brands in one adgroup and get the breakdown for each unique segment or brand. There's no need to create multiple adgroups and associate them with unique segments/brands in order to compare performance.
- View performance by targeted POI. This includes Blueprinted POIs for brands as well as within Location Groups.
- The report provides top performing (and bottom performing) targeting strategies for all levels (campaign/adgroup/creative) based on campaign targeting/serving. Use this data to influence targeting strategies and POIs to drive higher performance.
Build campaign strategies for future campaigns
- Based on a campaign's historical performance, clients can build targeting strategies for future campaigns to improve performance.
- Given that KPIs for each campaign are independent, clients can choose to look at relevant KPI from historic campaigns.
Leveraging Insights from Reporting by Product
As outlined above, Reporting by Product can support multiple use cases. The below process will help you identify top targeting strategies and POIs to improve campaign performance. Here are some pointers for making the most of the insights to optimize campaigns:
Users can now include multiple audience insights or brands in one adgroup and get the breakdown for each unique segment or brand. Focus on the top 10-15 strategies which have the best performance for a select KPI (Visit Rate, Click Through Rate, etc.), OR all strategies with performance higher than campaign average for the same KPI.
How it works
Get performance metrics by targeted POI in the excel output. You can now identify the top performing locations targeted.
From this list, prioritize a few strategies and POIs (5-7) based on your understanding of the target audience as well as historic learnings across past campaigns.
Use this shortlist of strategies and POIs to target current or future campaigns and observe the performance over time.
- The goal is to identify strategies which continue to show high performance through targeting.
- Going through this process, you will be able to identify a list of segments which show high performance for the campaign even at scale. These are the ideal segments which should be used in targeting.
- Impressions are assigned to only 1 product group / constraint to make sure numbers exactly match i.e. the sum of impressions of all targeting tactics = campaign impressions.
- POI Reporting is available for Blueprinted locations only.
- Lat/Long or custom locations will be supported in V2.