The Campaign / Ad Group represents the tactic to fulfill your advertising goals. Each campaign can have multiple ad group tactics, each unique targeting strategy, budget, and flight dates.
Step 1 Create a campaign or ad group
Click the 'New Campaign' button near the upper left corner to start the ad group/campaign creation process.
Input an appropriate campaign name – such as its overall goal or time of year. This makes tracking and editing your campaigns much easier later on.
Select your budget setting
A budget is the amount of money you want to spend on showing people your ads. It's also a cost control tool. It helps control your overall spend for an ad group or campaign. You'll need to select between 'Ad Group Budgets' or ' Campaign Budgets'.
- Ad group budgets are set for each ad group when you set up the targeting tactics (rather than a single campaign budget shared by all ad groups). This provides more granular budget control but has the risk of under-delivery. You also have the option to convert ad group budgets to a single campaign budget after launching the campaign.
- A campaign budget is a budget you set once at the campaign level. The amount you set is applied to the lifetime of the campaign based on the campaign start and end dates. The campaign budget will be shared across all ad groups associated with the campaign based on the available inventory that each ad group is competing for. Spending will not be evenly divided across all ad groups.
Step 2 Choose targeting goal
Once you see the new ad group screen, you'll need to choose a targeting option from the following:
- Target by Audience - Target by device ids.
- Target by Location - Real-time location targeting.
- Target by Weather - Target based on current and future weather conditions.
1. Target by Audience
Reach users that are associated with audience segment groups based on the real-world visitation history, demographics, or audiences from your ad group’s “Build an audience” selection:
- Location Audience: Powered by Blueprints, GroundTruth’s Location Audience enables marketers to target consumers based on past visitation behavior to specific business locations or points of interest.
- Behavioral Audience: Access GroundTruth’s proprietary offline behavioral segments based on real-world visitation patterns.
- Segments: Enable marketers to remarket audience segments when “Build an audience” is selected
2. Target by Location
GroundTruth Ads Manager offers three powerful real-time targeting options for reaching users based on where they are.
- On-Premise - Allows marketers to target consumers in real-time using GroundTruth’s accurate Blueprint(TM) polygons, which capture the physical boundaries of retail locations. This allows for precise location targeting of visitors in-store, on-lot, or in a retail block.
- Neighborhoods - These are geographical areas dynamically built to reach areas where visitors of a particular store or location groups tend to live or work.
- GroundTruth Neighborhoods are 100% automated based on visitation patterns and derived from GroundTruth’s Blueprint technology.
- Enables marketers to engage existing and new consumers.
- Geotargets - Target users based on their real-time geographic location, including:
- Radial distance around an address(s), down to 0.1 miles.
- Zip code, City, County, State, and DMA targeting.
3. Weather Triggering
Reach customers where they are based on actual weather conditions or forecasted conditions.
- Message users based on forecasted or real-time weather conditions in combination with location filtering.
- Visit our weather-triggering page for more information.